Thursday, April 19, 2007

Hurricane predictor myth !

Greetings ! The question I'm asked the most by tourists is " what about hurricanes" ?? Ok, let me say right now that every year I've lived in Florida ( since 1979 ) is going to be the " worst ever season ". I can also predict that California will have earthquakes, the midwest will have tornadoes, and the northeast will have snow... and it will be the worst year for all them.

Florida did have a run of bad luck in 2004.... so ?? Many parts of the state have not been hit by a hurricane in 80 years ! 80 years !

More people are killed by lighting in Florida... because they watch a thunderstorm from the golf course that by a hurricane. And if a 'cane is coming close.. trust me ... you will have plenty of warning.

I think I should switch jobs. What a great job to just sit around and make predictions about the weather. That's kinda like being a celebrity psychic.

Thanks ! Tricia
http://destin-beach-portraits.com

No comments: